Sunday, January 18, 2009

h-Okay. I haven't written in this thing in a while, mostly because I've been obscenely busy with (a)the first week of classes and (b) getting my apartment in order. (B) has not been completed yet, but a lot of it was accomplished over the course of the past week, especially Saturday. Zach and I spent a lot of money at both Target and Tops, and bought a bookshelf, random household accoutrements, and a shit-ton of groceries. Our cupboards are stocked, almost to bursting. Anyway, that's not interesting. Zach had to go to his parent's house for the day to help his dad install a new computer and I have been puttering around the house for a few hours. I don't have any homework yet besides a small amount of reading, so I didn't have much to do.

Oh, I should mention that before Zach left he got one of our recently copied keys jammed in the lock and after much swearing and pounding on the door...he still couldn't get it off. Naturally, I ordered him to go to his parent's house so I could figure it out. Which I did. Don't ask how, but I took the entire lock off the door and pulled it apart, jiggled the key around, pulled on it with all my might (and a pair of needlenose pliers) and somehow I finally got it out. The question is, did I put the lock back on? Yes, and completely successfully. Apparently I am pretty handy when Zach isn't around to make me nervous.

Yes, today was a day of broken locks, Jon and Kate plus 8 (my other secret shame, besides Hot Tamales re: my previous post) re-runs and a supremely relaxing shower. Ahh...too bad it's 10 goddamn degrees outside. You've got to love Buffalo in the winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment