Thursday, January 8, 2009

a touch cheerier today

The mood has passed. Like a kidney stone, although I imagine less painful, having never experienced one myself. I did think I had a stone this summer, but it turned out to be just a happy little kidney infection kicking its way into my right kidney. Um, WOW, huge digression there. Anyway, I couldn't sleep, read a book, read another book, finally fell asleep at approximately four in the morning, and woke up this morning to Winston the cat snuggling up to my legs and purring (if this is not the most pleasant way to wake up, I don't know what is) (wait, nevermind...) and a phone call from Zach (at work!) who spent twenty minutes cheering me up with various voices and inside jokes. If anyone heard this phone conversation, they may think it took place between two severely mentally ill people. They may not be wrong.

Anyway, I feel better. I am sitting on the loveseat in my living room and watching the snow fall, with Winston curled up next to me. He is, truly, the laziest cat in the world. But I love him. I don't think anybody actually reads this blog, so I don't know why I am reassuring no one that my mood is better and that I feel fine. Maybe it's just for my own benefit; I'm not entirely sure. The fact of the matter is that law school applications are not due until March 1 for all the schools to which I am applying, so I do have time. 

I spent most of today reading various Little House on the ________ books. You know, Laura Ingalls Wilder and all that jazz. I've read these books since I could read when I was about five, and they are just comfort reading to me. Some people have comfort food, I have comfort books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment