Monday, November 15, 2010

Blogging in class, so scandalous

Ugh, so we have a guest speaker in this class today and she is seriously boring me to death. I should be interested, because she's talking about a semi-interesting topic, but blah. Although she did just laugh at the girl who sits three seats down from me. I don't like that girl. She doesn't know how to move her seat in when people are walking by. She's got a grumpy face.


So, I still really don't have eyebrows. I forgot to draw them in today and I hope people don't think I've got alopecia. I look like a white, young Whoopi Goldberg. 


I have so much goddamn work to do over the next week and a half if I even want to attempt going home for Thanksgiving. But that bed is so inviting. The end of the semester is terrible because all I want to do is sit at home and snuggle under a blanket and watch a movie, and all school wants me to do is outline and study and read cases. 


There's a lot of controversy in the news lately about the new TSA body-scan thing and the enhanced pat-down. I'm flying to California over winter break and I'm interested to see how it is all playing out. I really don't want my bits and pieces to be patted by a TSA agent, nor do I want my naked self to be visible to god knows who, so my personal opinion is that it's bull, and all about making a false sense of security. But I don't feel like getting into that right now, because frankly, I'm tired today. I will say this, though, to anyone who believes that "if you haven't done anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about". That's not what it is about. How about a full strip-search to get on a plane? In front of everyone, or, just a TSA agent? You haven't done anything wrong, what do you care? The Fourth Amendment states : The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." I'm sure I will be back in January with a full report about how it is in practice, so we'll see. I just don't buy the security argument at all. 





No comments:

Post a Comment