Wednesday, December 1, 2010

three.

Day 3  Your idea of the perfect first date.


Okay, I'm going to cheat a little on this one and describe one of the best dates Zach and I ever had. It would probably be an appropriate first date, I guess. It was fall of 2008, and we drove to Ellicottville (which is about an hour outside of Buffalo, NY). It is a ski town, and it has a bunch of little shops and restaurants and whatnot. It was a glorious fall day, sunny with just a touch of a nip in the air, and the leaves were midway through turning colorful. The first thing we did was to stop at a coffee shop and got snickerdoodle cappuccinos, with full-fat whipped cream and sugar and everything. Decadent. I think we also got some sort of cookie thing to go with them. The next thing we did was just walk around with all that sugar coursing through our veins, and proceeded to play in the leaves outside of some sort of building. We were 21 and 22 at the time, hahaha. The next thing we did was, upon it becoming evening, was to have dinner and drinks at the Ellicottville Brewing Company. I had a fish fry that was delicious and Zach had a steak that he said was disappointing. The best part was definitely the blueberry lager that I had. Yum. After that, we went over to a candy shop and got sponge candy, which is a Western NY thing. It's hard to describe, so I'll let wikipedia do the job. It is lovely.


That was basically the whole day, and I think it would be a nice first date for someone if it was a bit shortened. I'm not sure if you want to spend the entire full day with a new beau, but we had been together about a year at that point so it was fun for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment