Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Netflix Quandary

Okay, so I have Netflix, and I generally love it. I mean, I think it's a steal for the price since Zach and I often watch movies and TV shows on the Instant Queue in addition to getting 3 DVDs at a time. However, for the past few months or so, Netflix has caused some confusion in my house. I speak of my desire to watch the 1993 thriller known as Jurassic Park. Now, if I remember correctly (I was six years old when the movie came out), it was a big hit, and very popular. Box office records and all that. Famous movie, parodied all the time. Right? They probably have a couple of copies of it down at the old Netflix HQ, right? Well, Jurassic Park has been number one on my DVD queue for MONTHS and it constantly says "Long Wait" under its availability. For those of you not "in the know" about the 'flix, long waits usually happen when a new, popular movie is available on DVD and Netflix can't meet the demand. I'm guessing Avatar had this problem when it first came out on DVD. But. Jurassic Park is SEVENTEEN YEARS OLD. It is not new. So, Netflix, WHY is there a long wait? It's truly bizarre.

No comments:

Post a Comment