Sunday, October 31, 2010

Best Halloween Weekend Yet?

Okay, so remember the other night when I asserted that yes, I was attending the Rally to Restore Sanity And/Or Fear, and I was excited? Well, this is what happened. I awoke Saturday morning at 8:30 a.m., raring to go. Shook Zach awake, ate some breakfast, got on the road! We had planned to take the DC metro from the Greenbelt Metro station in Prince George's County, which is about forty-five minutes away. The closer we got to the station, however, the heavier the traffic became. It was bumper-to-bumper about 3 miles from the station. We got to the station, which houses over 3,300 spaces, to find it completely full and having a line that I'm sure was probably longer than any line I've ever seen. Then, it hit us. By the time we wait in the line (surely would take more than an hour, maybe even two) get on the Metro, get to DC (an hour later)... the rally might well be over. Saddened, we got in the car, and drove back to our humble apartment in midtown Baltimore.

We watched the entire rally on TV, however, and it was great. I remain a steadfast fan of Yusuf, and loved Jon's serious speech at the end. "We live in hard times, not end times". So true.

Anyway, with the rally over at three p.m., my thoughts turned to Halloween night. Lindsay texted me and said that our friend Zac (not my Zach, a different Zac!) was going to be Dexter and we were going to be his victims. All we needed was some serious plastic wrap. We traveled out to Parkville and arrived at Home Depot, and with the help of an employee, found a 20 inch by 1000 foot roll of packing plastic. Let's just say our leftovers will be well-contained for the next year or so, either that or we can perform some serious pranks. We mixed up some fake blood and went to town :



All in all, it was a glorious Halloween weekend. Now it's time to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment