Tuesday, February 8, 2011

baked potatoes for lunch.

Imagine my surprise when I got a postcard in the mail from my close personal friends the Obama family, wishing me a happy new year!

Really, though, I donated to Obama's campaign back in aught eight and since then I have received the odd thing in the mail, to make it seem like he really appreciated that fifteen dollars. I think it's really kind of funny and I plan on sticking this up on my fridge once I get some magnets, which my uber-conservative Bill O'Reilly-watching father will just love. 


Today, I came home with an inexplicable craving for a baked potato. Zach and I only have one class on Tuesdays from 10:30 - 11:45, and then it's free all day. I knew I had potatoes, so I came on home and threw one in the oven. It was delicious. Man, my blog is just chock-full of interesting stories and events, isn't it? I'd be better off if I had kept up with that story about the Obamas being my close personal friends.

This blog is not interesting. I don't really lead an interesting life. The majority of the blogs I read are 'mommy/daddy' blogs about people with children. This is weird to me, considering I don't particularly want children and the only little one I really love is my nephew, John. He's the cutest, smartest baby in the world, don't you know? Anyway, it's really strange to me that I enjoy the blogs of parents so much. I have almost nothing in common with any of them except for the fact that I have changed a diaper in my life, and yet I find myself reading pages and pages of blogs like DooceMimi SmartypantsDaddy Scratches and Kelle Hampton. I have no explanation for this.

I might be getting a little internship soon. I'm nervous. I don't want to say too many details just in case it doesn't pan out, but I'm looking forward to it.

I don't really know how to end this blog, so here's a picture of O.J. Simpson offering up some Christmas ham.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sue,
    Although I have moved away from the dark side - I really can't appreciate the postcard. I won't get into why here, but let's just say I'm not seeing results I would love to see. But heck, it's funny enough that Dad still finds my 'organic' food choices to be nonsense.

    ReplyDelete