Saturday, February 5, 2011

this blog entry is gonna make me seem like a real alchy.

Tonight, I'm enjoying a cold can of the glorious National Bohemian beer and basically being a homebody on a Saturday night. Zach just bought Dead Space 2 and it is very loud and very scary, so I've retired to my bed with my beer and computer. Thank god for wifi.

I don't know if it's super appropriate to be drinking a beer at 6:30 pm on a Saturday (uh, why wouldn't it be? stupid old Catholic guilt residue!), but here I am.

Recap of the weekend time! Okay, so, on Thursday night I had to attend Phi Alpha Delta initiation with Zach, which ended up at the 13th floor bar at the Belvedere. I had a couple of gin and tonics with the dinner afterward, and then it was JERSDAY! Yes, I, an educated lady who has skin the color of plain yogurt and who has exactly zero animal print articles of clothing, LOVE Jersey Shore. I can't explain it. It's a guilty pleasure that I have seriously come to enjoy over the past year or so. So, Zach, Ellyn and I walked to the liquor store on the way home from the 13th floor and what do our eyes spy in the refrigerated section but...

Yes, the dreaded and ...banned?! Four Loko. Not sure what the specifications of the ban are or whether or not this unnamed liquor store was breaking the law, but we suddenly had the compulsion to purchase four cans (one for each of us including Lindsay, who had class until 9:30 and would meet us at our apartment). Oh, this was truly a terrible idea. But it seemed fabulous at the time. So, Jersey Shore commenced and my boo DJ Pauly D was extraordinarily funny the entire episode. I drank about half of my "Lemonade" Four Loko and apparently this was impressive. I think it just tasted so bad that I wanted to get it over with quickly. I would soon regret this decision. 

Four Loko doesn't give you a normal drunk feeling. It makes you feel crazy. At one point I was interpretive dancing with Lindsay to the Age of Aquarius song by the 5th Dimension. Then, we played the Michael Jackson experience Wii game and I'm not sure, but I think I gave it 110%. I was convinced that it would help me burn off the calories from the Chinese food we ordered earlier in the evening.

So, I think it goes without saying that I remember exactly nothing from that night after we watched 30 Rock and that my head felt like it was in a vise the following morning. Never shall you tempt me with your bright colors and good-sounding flavors again, Four Loko! Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...shame on me.

The rest of the weekend has been pretty inconsequential. Zach got his Macbook keyboard replaced for free by the kind folks at the Apple Store (the details of the breaking of the keyboard are fuzzy. I maintain my innocence in the matter). I made a nice pasta dish for dinner. I absolutely scrubbed the bathroom and kitchen and did all the laundry, and now there is nothing keeping me from doing homework. Except for blogging, and listening to random music on Pandora radio, and possibly drinking more beer. But we'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment