Wednesday, February 2, 2011

oh how I wish I was going to dollar taco night at Holy Frijoles.

So, I just got a text before I sat down for my last class of the day, from my law school pal Zac. Not my boyfriend Zach, my friend Zac. Yes, it is confusing. Anyway, he wanted to know if we wanted to join him for dollar taco night at Holy Frijoles, a Mexican restaurant in Hampden. We went after the end of last semester, and it was absolutely delicious and cheap (well, would have been cheap had I not splurged on a cucumber gin martini. mmm..gin), and I really wanted to go tonight. Sadly, I'm in class until 7:35 p.m. and I swore I would go to the gym after class. I'm also trying to eat significantly healthier, and that does not generally involve gorging on delicious tacos.

I'm in class right now and the lecture is boring me to tears, and my headache is ridiculous. This class always gives me a headache and it's not because of the subject matter, it's because the girl in front of me wears the world's strongest perfume. I know I've ranted about this on twitter and facebook but honestly, it's getting really bad. I never thought I was very sensitive to smells, either. I can walk through a Bath and Body Works or a Yankee Candle Store without any problem, and I do wear perfume, it's just very light and you can't really smell it unless you're RIGHT NEXT TO MY NECK. I narrowed it down to the culprit today because she was late to class and the smell was not present until she sat down. I can't even describe it...it's very harsh and strong, but not particularly flowery..ah. I don't know. Anyway, this class is basically me being surrounded by annoying sounds and smells. The guy next to me chews his gum loudly, and the girl next to me and the guy behind me both clear their throats 2000 times per class session. My senses, they are assaulted.

I'm wearing my contacts today. I hate working out with my glasses on, and I didn't want to shove my contacts in in the gym locker room, so I put them in at home around 1pm during my break. So far my eyes aren't red, but I am going to keep wearing them very sparingly because I don't want to look like the Black Swan poster every day of my life again. Although, if they do have the same effect on my eyes, I could probably be Natalie Portman in that scene for next Halloween, as long as I lose about sixty pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment