Monday, February 21, 2011

hippie water

The bottle of water I just bought from the vending machine is claiming that by purchasing it, I just gave 10 cents to a local charity protecting the environment. This is all well and good but I have my suspicions. Why, I'm sure you could get hipsters to buy anything that claims that part of its profits have gone to charity or some such thing. Where's the evidence, hmm, hippie water company?

Anyway, this week is going to be ridiculously busy if I want to go home next weekend to see The World's Cutest Baby (and the rest of my family). I have to apply for about fifty million internships by March 1, do a ton of general schoolwork, finish a draft of a paper and start another paper. Happy days are here again. I was pretty freaked out about all of it last night and couldn't sleep (while next to me, a Nyquil-zonked Zach slept soundly) but when I woke up this morning I felt totally renewed and like I could take it all on easily. I don't know, maybe it's the hippie water.

I'm applying for so many internships because I figure the more I apply for, the better chances of getting a call back from at least one of the places. I'm applying for ones in Baltimore and D.C. that I can semi-easily reach via public transportation because Zach owns the car and will probably be using it for his own purposes. Either that or we could set up some weird carpooling schedule, but either way I'm going to be waking up very early in the summertime.

We got new windows! I don't remember if I mentioned that in the last entry or not because my brain is frankly, fried but they are glorious. I also haven't been linking to recipes lately like I said I would so here's some things I've made lately:

Baked Pasta with Chicken Sausage. I liked this okay but Zach did not, mostly because of the tomato chunks. I'd give it a 6.

Pork Chops in the Slow Cooker. THIS was delicious, and so easy! That crock pot is becoming the best thirty dollars I've ever spent.

Perfect Popcorn. I know, popcorn? Who needs a recipe for popcorn? Well apparently I did, because every time I made it on the stove top I always burnt the bottom of the pan and it was just gross. Alton's method changed my life. Using a big aluminum bowl and covering it with foil made PERFECT popcorn, for realsies. So tasty and almost every single kernel popped.

Stuffed Peppers. I had never had stuffed peppers before, and neither had Zach, so we were slightly skeptical of these but they were very tasty and quite easy to make. This also solidified Bethenny as my very favorite NY Real Housewife.

No comments:

Post a Comment