Monday, February 28, 2011

busy, not unlike a bee

It has come to this. I am so busy with schoolwork when I'm not in class that I've taken to updating this blog while in class. I don't have much to say, except that I've been applying for summer internships like a crazy woman and I've got two midterms coming up, as well as papers due and somewhere during all of this I am supposed to find a damn dress for Barrister's Ball. I think it's safe to say that was a really grammatically incorrect sentence.

So next weekend I'm heading to Utica to see my little nephew and my family. I'm super-psyched even though it means I have to kill myself doing work this week to be able to make it. I don't even mind though because the way I look at it, I will not have that many opportunities to see him because my sister and her husband and the little guy live in California. I live in Maryland and I am not exactly brimming with time and money to be flying out to the west coast, as much as I would love to be. I wish this country would get on the high-speed rail train. Ha, ha, I am cracking myself up today.

Barrister's Ball is April 9, and tickets go on sale next week. Come hell or high water, I WILL get tickets this year. Last year I did not realize that apparently Barrister's Ball is the most important event of every single law school student's year, and everyone buys their ticket at approximately 12:01 pm on the date they go on sale. They sold out practically instantly. We will be driving back from Utica on Monday so I'm a little worried, but my friend Sarah said that if I give her the money she will buy us tickets during the first block of time. I just have to talk that over with Zach and then I am sure it will be a go. I want to go SO bad and I've been lusting after dresses on Nordstrom Rack dot com during this class, especially this lovely:


I don't mean to sound full of myself, but I look really good in greenish blues, and I just think it looks super flattering and comfortable. I'm weird about buying things online though, just because I always feel the need to try things on and make sure they look absolutely perfect before I buy them. I am very particular about fit and such. I'm going to go to Nordstrom Rack in the Towson mall possibly next weekend to find out if they have it, and if not I'm sure I will find something else. Still, it's only 69 bucks and it comes in my size. We'll have to see.

I watched the Oscars last night while doing Professional Responsibility homework, so my memory of it was peppered with random rules about conflicts of interest while representing organizations. Sad to say that my memory is probably more enjoyable than the memory of someone who watched the entire thing by itself. Okay, Anne Hathaway actually tried. She gave it her damn-near all, and was almost annoyingly bubbly and smiley. I can't fault her for that. Franco, on the other hand...feh. He was totally checked out, and really un-funny. I don't know if he thought he was way too cool (in which case, come to my neighborhood and hang out with all the goddamn hipsters) or too high (which I would normally not care about but come on, man! It's the Oscars!). I was happy that Toy Story 3 won for best animated, but if I am to be perfectly honest, I haven't seen a single other movie that was nominated for an Oscar. I really want to see them all (except The Social Network. I just can't get into the idea of that movie) and after last night, I put all of 'em on my Netflix queue for when they come out on DVD.

All right, this is getting rambly. I just wish the weather would improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment